1/11/13

High school




Im so glad i kept a dairy at that age. You just forget so much. It’s funny because I always think times have changed so much. After reading my dairy again I’m sure. Times have changed. For instant there was no internet!
I remember having talks with my dad about what he thought the world would look like in so many years. I have never thought that  in my little life so much would change in such a relatively short time.
In 1996 I kept a journal. I wrote in it every single day. I have not skipped a day.
What I wrote about the most: the lessons at school, spending time with my best friend and…off course…the boys.
 In the year 1996 there was the first boyfriend. Ow my god, you can’t imagine how it worked back in those days.
This boy was the cousin of a friend of mine form the neighborhood. He was visiting his family and we met because we were playing outside. I can’t really recall a special moment or thing that happened that evening. Besides that we looked at each other. There was eye contact! Oooeeee! The next day I told my friend that I liked her cousin. She phoned him and asked what he thought of me. He liked me too. Then she asked if he wanted to go steady with me. Yes, he did. That was that!
This boy didn’t live anywhere near me. He lived in a other town. So I bet now you’re wondering how that worked. Because internet wasn’t the only thing we didn’t have at that time. Mobile phones. No! They didn’t exist jet. So we wrote each other letters. Yes! Letters. And we got to phone each other a view times. On the land-line. It was the long distance thing that didn’t work. I should have known.
It was cute though. I was somebody’s girlfriend. What a laugh now.
For the rest of that time…there where a view boys that caught my eye.
There was the tough boy who was hanging out with the other tough guy’s out side. Way out of my ‘Im-way-to-brave’ league.
There was the basketball boy. I remember I used to borrow my neighbors dog to take him for a walk so I had a excuse to walk past his house.
There was a painter at school. Ow my. A lot of girls fancied him. I remember talking with the girls (to be honest you could call it argue) who he looked at. Off course every single one of us was sure he looked at her. So did I.
There was the boy in class who I liked. But he didn’t like me. He liked my best friend.
You know what. Not much has changed over the years. Boys come and go. Some stay longer than others.

Because I decided I would write this blog I will also share my most embarrassing moment with you.
He and guess what…it has something to do with a boy that I liked. What a surprise!
Ok. Close your eye’s and imagine: High school. We had different blocks for different subjects. The main subject where given in one of the wings of the school that had 3 levels. At the beginning and end of every hall of every wing there where big glass swing doors. Between those doors there were about four classrooms. Next to the door there was glass so you could see in to the hallway. In the hall there were a few tables. Sometimes students would be sitting there to work on a project or so.
So was he that day. I didn’t know much about him but I thought he was ever so cute! Maybe I will have to say out of my league. But still. He was sooo cute. He was sitting at the end of the hallway. I walked through the doors and we had eye contact. The whole walk down the hall. It felt like forever. I felt like I was walking on air. Ow men I wished it would last forever!
The table he was sitting at was all the way at the end, next to the glass swing door. Do you know you can block the swing option on the door? You feel it coming? While having eye contact I wanted to walk through the door. But instead of walking through the door I walked right in to it! It was blocked! It didn’t open. I smacked my face in the door! While he was looking at me! He was looking. He saw it! Remember the air I was walking on? It was gone! He had to laugh. Which it totally don’t blame him for!
Absolutely my favorite moment of my high school period!




 Aaahh i was soo cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment