3/10/13

Ozz 2



That year in Ozz i was totally, absolutely really happy!
Work was exciting and fun. I was learning a lot. Living in the sun was great!
Meeting loads and loads of new people. Because, as I wrote in the previous Ozz blog, I was living in a backpackers area. Luckily I was living in a house. With some great ‘house mates’. I didn’t have to share a room. I had my own room.
Our house was just of the main street in Coogee. You’ve probably heard of Bondi. The famous beach in Sydney. Coogee is the smaller but cooler version of Bondi.
So I was living a five minute walk to the beach (Yha, I know!) and a 3 minute walk to the Coogee Bay Hotel; Bar.
They had different areas. A sportsbar, mainbar, beergarden and a club the hibiscus lounge. Open 24 hour. So I didn’t had to go far for a fun time.
Now im talking about bar’s let’s not forget the Palace in Coogee. Wednesday toss de boss night. Between certain hours you could place your order and toss for it. If you had it right you didn’t have to pay, if you didn’t has it right you just had to pay. And if you know somebody behind the bar, you’re always right! Umh…yes. I drank A LOT of snakebite pitchers. Ow how I loved them!
On Sunday they had live music and a dj. Those where great nights too.
All the other nights…I was to be found at the CBH (Coogee Bay Hotel). I was young. There was a lot of sun-energie. What more could you want.
Ok, so the CBH. They had bouncers. Nice bouncers. Cute bouncers.
Because I was there all the time and I wasn’t leaving after a few weeks, like all the backpackers, we (me and the bouncers) got to know each others face.
The one I liked most was Bart. He was from Canada. He was huge. Such a nice guy. On quite night we could easily spend hours talking. He would be working at the door and I would stand next to the entrance out of sight from the camera’s. 
There was also I nice bartender; Kevin. On one of his free nights he saved me form a freaking guy who wouldn’t get off my back. He saved me bye kissing me in front of his face. That worked. It was a fun night.
But let’s get to the point. I was crazy about this one guy. A bouncer. J. Ooow I was crazy about him. I thought he looked so handsome and strong. 
For a long time I pretended I didn’t care. But I did. On evenings I didn’t had anything to do I would take a walk around the block to see if he was working.
After a while I started hanging out with the bouncer guys. After work they would drink some beers on the beach. As I was done partying when they were done working they invited me to join them. Of course the crazy Dutch girl did.
The sun started coming up. The beach and promenade was being clean. We would stay until the first people came to enjoy the beach.
Of course there was a lot of guy talks about the night and other girls. There is was specific moment I remember. At that point J. and I had been talking every now and then.  I don’t know what he thought of me but I was happy.
That moment he was (trying) to be funny. Im not shore how the conversation went but we were talking about a toaster when he said: “Girl, im like a toaster, if you plug me in and turn me on I’ll jump up.”
There was also a night when the boy’s went to one of the houses where they lived and asked me to join. We went to the house where J lived. Oooeeee.
We were playing drinking games for hours. I remember the last one. It was bad for me. It was a game to do with numbers and math. I was sooo bad at it. So after a while I asked where I could lay down to take a nap. 3 Hand raised. One guess wich room I picked.
Next thing I remember is waking up, sleeping next to J. No I wasn’t dreaming.

We never hitted it on. Witch was fine as he was a popular boy. I don’t think that would have been good for me.
I do remember one more night at the beach. I was cold. He lend me his jacket. Whenever I mentioned I still had his jacked and had to give it back he told me no rush, one day. Until he told me to keep it. So I did. For a long time I could smell him. Even when I got back home in Holland.
After a while everything faded away.  But I still have the jacked.




No comments:

Post a Comment